Thank you to all of you that spoke to Graham and me at the conference, whether it was a voluntary conversation or you were cornered and interrogated😊, we are grateful for all that you had to say. As an insurance broker we are inclined to sit in the background somewhere making sure we have put in place the cover you need, but in these more challenging times I think some things have changed. Many of you talked about resilience, the need to be flexible, to think outside the box and collaborate with groups you may not have been able to before. The primary objective is to provide what people want and be mindful that that might be different from a couple of years ago. So what does that mean to us?
- We think that our role is to make sure you have the right cover in place for your current and immediate future, but that may be an unknown!
- We think that we need to be able to provide a professional service that supports your objectives, but these might be very different from the last time.
- We think that we need to be able to communicate with you on an ongoing basis to make sure your changing world reflects the cover you need or to remove the parts you do not.
What have we seen happen?
- Our service to festival organisers has changed, we talk more often and need to be flexible in how your policy works during its life time. You changed your plans so we need to change ours.
- Sometimes plans are made quickly as opportunities are identified and brought to life, we have had to keep you up to date with quotes to enable you to budget and be able to put these bits into force in a moment.
How do we see the future of Festival Insurance?
- We also see a changing world where flexibility and thinking outside the box become more common place.
- We also see that what was in the past is not what will necessarily happen in the future.
What worries us?
- As a Festival Insurance broker our main concern is that we are able to look after you properly and to reflect your changing world in our service to you.
- As an insurance broker we always strive to make sure the right cover is in place and you have a clear view of what that is:
- Clear schedules showing what is and what is not covered
- Insurance Certificates for each event so you can evidence clearly that this is part of your policy
- Easy online means of updating your policy details and a team of experienced staff on the end of a phone, chat or email
How can we do that?
- I think that this is done by communication and education, that is very much a two way street, sometimes we are the last to know so please do educate us as much as you can.
- By being involved in your plans from an early stage so that we can help us both remove as many challenges as possible to facilitate your success.
One last word….. please do keep us up to date with any changes so that we can keep up with you, our job is to help manage the risks you cannot, the last thing any of us want is to refute a claim because we did not get is all right. Don’t forget:
- Covid 19 cover is available from us online
- Making sure performers are insured, we do a single gig rate now, have a look!
To our current clients do keep in touch we love nothing better than being part of your day to day, for those who are not, give us a call, I am going to stick my neck out and say you will be pleasantly surprised. Have an amazing 2022 and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes
Nick Smith Graham Sykes Insurance